Currently available positions
Warehouse/Delivery Driver position available (Charlotte)
Compensation: 15-17/hr based on experience
Employment type: full-time
Deliver products on assigned route to Artisan Beverage customer accounts while meeting internal schedule and quality standards. Provide excellent customer service to customers by assisting with problem resolutions and proper communication to other Artisan team members.
- Organize and load product for delivery utilizing the manifest assuring the most efficient delivery route and schedule.
- Gather appropriate POS items for deliveries.
- Delivering product as per customer requirements (i.e. 2nd floor, receiving or reception etc) obtaining signatures and completing payment.
- Address and resolve customer problems as appropriate. Inform supervisor of outstanding issues.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle and report any maintenance problems to supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 1-year of truck driving experience of a 24′ ft. or longer straight truck.
- 1 – 3 years in a service-oriented position.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must qualify for an ABC salesmen’s permit issued by the state.
- Must be able to obtain a DOT medical card.
- Must have a valid driver’s license (no “major moving violations” as described in the employment application supplement and in accordance with applicable state law).
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs, navigate and read a map.
- Ability to use Encompass mobile to show proof of delivery and collect payment.
- Excellent customer service skills and dealing with customers face-to-face.
- Must be a team player and able to work well with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work without supervision; organize and manage time.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment in all types of weather.
- Ability to drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions.
- Ability to work within tight time constraints in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours preferred.
- Previous light truck experience preferred.
- Experience with hand truck /dolly type equipment preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Interpersonal skills a plus.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or carry up to a maximum of 100 pounds by hand or may use dolly type equipment to deliver product to customers. The employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the day.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near the mechanical equipment. Drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions.
Use the form on this page to send your resume and cover letter. DO NOT CALL. Only those who apply via the form will be considered.
About The Position
Are you passionate about wine?
We are looking for a key individual to work closely with our sales and management team to build a low intervention wine portfolio and act as a liaison connecting the winemaker to retailers and consumers.
“As a craft beverage focused distributor, we work with suppliers focused solely on producing quality products for the consumer, this is something we are passionate about. With the growing interest in low intervention wine from retailers and consumers, we are ecstatic to partner with some unique and highly sought-after winemakers and importers. We have the same approach as we do with the rest of our portfolio – Good people dedicated to creating the best liquid!” – Taylor McDermott, President, Artisan Beverage Group
We are looking for someone who is…
Customer service focused
Our producers are unique in that they care about the following:
Respectful and thoughtful Viticulture
No or Minimal additions
Low Yields: High concentrations
Concinnity over forced style
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Meet with customers in the major markets – Raleigh-Durham-Charlotte-Triad-Asheville to introduce Artisan Beverage’s wine portfolio
- Responsible for placing orders, generating sales, coordinating delivery and helping wine focused customers with all of their needs on a weekly basis
- Work with management on forecasting and order selection
- Research and engage new wine brands for the portfolio
- Work with producers to coordinate launching new product releases
- Help producers plan market visits and customer visits to showcase their wines
- Educate the sales team on the portfolio
- Work with sales team to make new placements and enhance established routes by growing wine sales
- Able to utilize customer and account routing software to maximize time management
- Set up and execute Wine events to enhance the customer relationship and consumer experience
- Prepare and execute professional sales presentations to customers by combining both the company’s priorities and customers’ needs
- Understand company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis
- Understand competitive pricing and market strategy for individual brands
- Consistently reports to management regarding customer needs, product needs, preordered products and new product placements.
High level of professionalism and experience working with well-organized sales-oriented companies
A self-starter who can work remotely and independently
Wine certifications a plus
At least 2 years of experience in wine wholesale or supplier beverage sales is preferred.
Extensive wine knowledge is a must
Have a reliable vehicle
4-year College Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
Familiarity with Encompass software is a plus
Must be highly organized, have attention to detail and obtain good time management skill
Must have business acumen and keen negotiating skills
Must have high-level communication abilities
Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
Salary and Benefits
SALARY: $55,000 starting salary in addition to a quarterly bonus plan
BENEFITS: We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO and paid holidays!